Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Muh! Muh!*

He fell asleep in his swing while I did the dishes. When he woke up he had a messy diaper and he was sobbing.

I picked him up right away and put him on the changing table, kind of running on diaper autopilot. He was still wailing, and when I looked up, he was reaching for me.

He’d never done that before. I realized that he didn’t want to be changed, he wanted his Mama to hold him. Me.

I got pretty teary at this point and scooped him up, snuggling his fuzzy little head under my chin. His crying slowed down to wet little gulps, then he sighed.

It was the first time I felt that he recognized me as Mama. I wasn’t sure if he realized that I was more than walking food.

After about five minutes of rocking, Sam started fidgeting...turns out he did need to be changed.

*I am not so delusional as to think that my 2 month old is talking. I know he’s not saying “Mama” when he makes that sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home