Thursday, February 23, 2006

Mommy Body

I mentioned in an earlier post that I gained fifty pounds during pregnancy. I lost 15 of those the day Sam was born, and another 10 in the last three weeks. So there are 25 pounds to go, though if I only lose 15 of them, I'll be really happy.

It took me 9 months to gain all the weight. I'm giving myself a goal of July to lose it (so 5 months from giving birth ). Once the weather is good enough to go out I can take Sam in his stroller and hit the park. I'm not going to diet, because I have to keep a high caloric intake to breast feed, but I am trying to eat really healthy. One cool thing is that I don't seem to have an appetite for junk food since having him. I guess that's to compensate for those bizarre Burger King fry cravings during the second trimester. I crave fresh fruit and yogurt. My body is making me want what I need, I guess. Or I could be in shock from watching "Super Size Me" last week (seriously good movie...but you will never want to eat fast food again).

Maybe this is stupid, but I really want to be able to fit into my leather pants again. It doesn't have to be soon. I don't need to be "The Hot Mommy". I know I will never have the rockin' body I had a year ago, and that's fine by me...Sam is a trillion times better than tight abs.

I just don't want to live in sweatpants for my kid's childhood, and I am sure my husband doesn't want that, either.

Oh, last night (last night being Friday, this post being finished on Saturday) we went "out"! We went to a party at a business associate's house. Sam came with us, and every person there made such a fuss over him. Especially the host's ubercute 2 year old granddaughter. She offered him a cracker ("He hungry?") when he started to fuss. I explained that he can't have crackers because he has no teeth. So she offered her broccoli.

I wore a dress and my sexy boots and everyone kept telling me how great I looked. It felt so good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

It'll come off! Don't worry, three years later, I'm a less-jiggly mama whose slightly obsessed with working out and doing other things...

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home