Sunday, January 01, 2006

Resolutions from 2005. Resolutions for 2006.

From 2005:

1. Join a gym. HA HA HA HA....didn't do that.

2. Take better care of my husband by not coddling his every whim, allowing him to do some things for himself (but still give him a verbal ass kicking if he wants to work 10 hour days), tell him when he's getting on my nerves, and not feel guilty about it. Done.

3. Have more people over/go out by myself more and not feel guilty about it. Done

4. Allow people to help me more, and not feel guilty about it.
Done.

5. Eat better. Less frozen, more veggies. Mmmmaybe did it a little...

6. Send more work out to agents/publishers. I've been so busy lately, I haven't had the time, but if I don't make time, I'll be forty with a bunch of unpublished stuff (some of which is actually good) and a deep sense of regret.
Did a little of that.

7. Not cry every day. Not by repressing anything, just by finding reasons to be happy. Yep!

Now for 2006...

1. Though I am having a baby, and my first priority in life is going to be being a wonderful mother to him, I do not want to forget that I am a wife, a writer, a woman, and a friend.

2. Send more stuff out to publishers.

3. Illustrate. My husband gave me wonderful tools and I am going to use them.

4. Eat better. I got a start on this, but I definitely want to kick this up a notch.

5. Every day this year, I am going to write down one thing that I love about my husband. On the next New Year's Eve, I'm
going to give them to him in a book.

6. Start a journal for my son. I think I'll go with the "one thing every day". I know some days I'll have ten things to think of, and some days I'll be too tired to think of any.

7. Buy one new book a month for my son. This will be easy.

Happy 2006!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home