Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Another pregnancy post? Can't this woman talk about anything else?

My baby is due in four weeks and three days.

It is so strange, I feel as if I just found out, and now it's almost over. Rumor has it, though, that this last months feels like the longest.

I am so tired. Since I found out that I was pregnant, I have gained 40 pounds. That's a lot of extra weight to carry pretty much in one area of the body. I'm a little nervous about that. I know you aren't supposed to gain too much weight for heart reasons. I thought I was supposed to gain 25-30. My doctor says everything is fine, though, so I'll trust her. My mother has reminded me that our family gives birth to 9 pounders (that's the average, my cousin was 13 pounds at birth)so my big gain isn't that big a deal.

I'm very proud of the fact that I haven't looked at myself in the mirror and felt "fat", as I know other pregnant women have. I have been in awe of the sheer size of me, yes, but I have not felt fat. Just very, very, very pregnant. It is beautiful. Also exhausting.

My Beloved is starting to get a little unnerved, because he keeps running into people whose perfectly healthy babies were born three weeks early. I think he's worried it will happen to us and he won't have fixed the cradle yet.

The bottom falls out of the cradle when you put anything in it.

I'm not putting the baby in there until he fixes it.

I still need some stuff. I don't have a baby monitor yet, or a breast pump (I had no idea there were so many different kinds of pumps). I was overwhelmed in the breast pump aisle of Target. I also need nightgowns and other clothes with holes in the bosom so I don't have to strip every time I need to feed him.

I've also just found out that another two of my friends are newly pregnant.

Peer pressure, I guess.

Oh, I can't believe he'll be here soon! I can't wait to hold him and smell his head (love the smell of baby head) and hand him to his Dad when he starts kicking!

BabybabybabybabyIlovemybabybabybabybaby!

Oh. Holy. Crap.

I'm way too tired to keep typing (and it's not even 9pm, what the...?). I shall now go to bed and stop polluting the blogosphere with my drivel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home