Sunday, March 12, 2006

Someone color blind...*

I'm sure someone else has thought of this, and put it out online, but it
hit me that the mostly Conservative, Republican states are known as
the "Red" states, while the mostly Liberal, Democratic states are
the "Blue" states.

Who decided these colors? I hear "Red" and think Communist.

I do not associate Conservative Republicans with Communism.

Quite the opposite.

Whoever chose them must have had a good sense of humor.

"Hee hee hee...let's make the Conservatives Commie color,
and see if anyone notices!"

I still get confused when a politician is called "Red" by a pundit or other media person. I have to listen to the whole news brief or read the whole blurb to figure it out.

I'm just saying, is all.


* but then they'd probably be Dark Blue and Light Blue States.

1 Comments:

Blogger trog69 said...

As in, "come over to the dark side, ya pinko"? (touching hole in cheek from tongueing).

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home