Monday, March 13, 2006

8:30pm, Monday.

I put Sam to bed while Husband was in the bathroom. He went in to say goodnight when he got out. Over the baby monitor, I heard him lean over the bassinette, and coo “I love you, Sam. I love you. I love you.”, then a series of baby kissing sounds.

I thought I was going to cry.

My husband is not by nature emotionally outgoing. My immediate family is, very much so. When he and I first started dating (and occasional lapses since then) I worried that less demonstration meant less love. Now I know that's not the case. He's also gotten more unconstrained during our relationship’s progression, so we’ve reached a nice balance.

Parenthood changes people. I knew that, but I didn’t think it would change him this much.

It’s not just tonight, either. Husband becomes almost unrecognizable when he holds our son. He gets this dreamy look in his eyes and rubs his nose against Sam’s übersoft cheeks. He holds Sam’s delicate fingers and peppers them with little kisses, making those “I’m pretending to eat you up” smacking sounds. It’s so beautiful.

I am newly in love with My Beloved, by seeing him in love with our son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home