Saturday, May 20, 2006

Today I realized...

...at almost 4months old my baby is becoming too big for his cradle.

Cradles have side walls, but they're lower than cribs, so once he can pull himself up into a sitting position, he can fall out.

He has to move to the crib.

Which means that he won’t be sleeping in our room anymore, because there is no way the crib can fit in our bedroom.

Which means that I will not be able to wake up in the middle of the night and look at his cherubic face, place my hand on his little round belly and marvel at how warm and soft and small he is.

After this realization I burst into tears.

I know this was partly brought on by visiting my friend and her son. I remember when she was pregnant with him, and now he walks and talks. He isn't a baby anymore. He is a little boy. It seems to have happened overnight.

I'm getting teary again.

I always thought I would be cool about this. I would be nothing but thrilled with every milestone. I would never want to hold my kids back, but...

...but I want my baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home