Monday, May 30, 2005

Funny that the title of this is "Or Alcoholism" and I can't have any alcohol at all for the next year.

I promise you this will not turn into a pregnancy blog. Expect pregnancy posting every now and then, because...well...for the past week all I've been able to do is throw up.

"Morning Sickness" is a big fat lie. Mine has lasted all day for quite some time. This is particularly difficult when you're trying to move to another city and your Husband is recovering from surgery. I haven't been to work in a week. Thursday through Saturday I couldn't even get out of bed, except to crawl (yes, crawl...couldn't walk) to the bathroom.

I did some online research and found out that 80% of pregnant women have "Morning Sickness" that lasts all day. I also discovered that 25% of pregnant women have to take their first trimester off of work because their nausea and vomiting get so severe.

I am going to guess that 25% of pregnant women in this country (probably a greater percentage, actually) cannot afford to take three months off of work. My husband is hoping to increase his paycheck, as he's expecting that I won't be able to work until July, things being the way they are. Honestly...there is no possible way I could have gone to work this last week. Even if we were already moved in to the new place and was within walking distance to the office, I could not get out of bed. A quarter of women have it like me? That's too big of a number to not be common knowledge.

I'm going to do some more research on this (when, I do not know). I'm thinking our country's attitude towards pregnant women needs to change.

1 Comments:

Blogger Novice said...

Heh. I actually cleaned out the fridge the day after finding out I was pregnant and brought the alcohol to the office. Told the guys they could take what they wanted.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home