Wednesday, June 29, 2005

JONES!!!

Nothing like this had ever happened to me before today. I've had my share of food cravings, but this was insane!

I was driving home from Boston (husband had final surgery, went excellently well). Halfway to Worcester, out of the blue, I needed...hard core needed...A Burger King Chicken Sandwich and Fries.

Every exit between Boston and Worcester had Stupid Fucking McDonald's*.

Now, I haven't really ever lived in Worcester before. When Husband and I were dating/engaged he lived here, but I only spent every other weekend with him, and when we went out to eat, it was to Boomers or Tortilla Sam's or The Sole.

I spent my first three years of life in this city, but my parents were pretty much health nuts, so fast food was taboo. Occasionally Nana Berg would take me out for McDonald's, which was fine when I was wee. Now my tastebuds have matured, I realize that Burger King Fries are far far superior...they are crispy on the outside and potato-y on the inside. Mmmmmm. McDonald's has soggy, mushy fries. Blech.

Point is, I had never learned where the Burger Kings are in Worcester**. I had to find one. Had to. I do not know if I can truly explain how desperate I was.

So I drove and drove past what felt like about thirty McDonald's and a few Wendy's.

At one point, I realized that I was on the verge of tears. I wanted that sandwich and those fries so badly!

Finally Finally Finally I found one. I literally shreiked with joy and started a stream of

"ThankYouGodthankYouthankYouthankYouthank
YouthankYouthankYouthankYouthankYousomuch!"

I cannot remember the last time I enjoyed food so much.

Now I am sitting in front of my TV, sipping the remains of my Sprite, and I am contented.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

*I should say that I do not hate McDonald's totally. I like their McFlurries and that fruit salad they came out with recently. Everything else sucks, though.

**There were 3 BK's near my place in Providence. Funnily enough, Providence has the fewest fast food restaurants of any city in the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home